DIY Citrus Potholders
Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by my sister’s blog! I’m happy to be sharing this guest post today, showcasing these cute diy citrus fruit potholders. These cute kitchen accessories only take about an hour to make!
Supplies: 1 Fat Quarter of citrus fruit printed fabric Scraps of coordinating fabric Kitchen towel Sewing supplies
1. Cut three 7″ circles from the citrus fabric and two 1″ x 8″ strips from your scrap fabric. Also cut 2-3 7″ circles from your kitchen towel for thickness.
2. Cut one circle in half and sew strips to the center “half” lines, right sides together. Fold scraps around the center edge and sew along the back side as well.
4. Trim up the strips so that you have a complete circle again.
5. Stack up the layers of the potholder in the following order:
Solid citrus circle – wrong side facing up
Layers of kitchen towels for thickness
Solid citrus circle – right side facing up
Two citrus circle halves – wrong side facing up
6. Sew all the way around the circular edge of the potholder stack, staying close to the edge, but making sure that you have sewn through all of the layers. Trim off any extra around the edge.
7. Flip the two half pieces around (“inside out” style) to the other side of the potholder. Now all the seams should be hidden.
Are you a fan of the fruit trend??
Thanks for stopping by! -Taylor