DIY Chalkboard Pegboard Kitchen Organizer
Today I have a fun project to share, I made this for DecoArt and I love seeing it in our kitchen everyday.
This project was inspired by the kitchen pegboard that Emma from A Beautiful Mess created, but on a smaller scale, as I just wanted to hang utensils. I also feel like I made need to make a pegboard for my studio, so that I can hang my crafty tools and outline them.
1.5″ Paint Brush
Newspaper or Tarp to paint on
1. Place your pegboard on newspaper or a tarp, so that any paint that drips through the holes are easy to clean up. Using a 1.5″ paint brush, paint your pegboard with Grey Storm.
2. Give your pegboard a second coat of Grey Storm to make sure it is completely covered.
3. Paint your pegboard with the Clear Chalkboard Coating. You want to do one coat horizontal, and one coat vertical, letting them dry for 1 hr in between coats.
4. Let the chalkboard coating cure for 24 hours and then prep it by lightly rubbing a piece of chalk over it, then wiping it clean.
5. Now add your pegboard hooks, hang up your utensils and use a chalk marker to doodle around them.
I love the clear chalkboard coating, it makes me want to turn everything into chalkboards. I’m not even kidding, I painted my desk surface with it.
Don’t you just love pegboards? What would you hang up on your pegboard?