Cozy Fall Poncho
Poncho’s are so comfy and warm, Here’s one that Taylor and I made for a tutorial!
Vintage enamel pin (optional)
2 coordinating fabrics, 1 yard of each (I love vintage polyester)
Sewing machine and/or needle and thread
Scissors or rotary cutter
1. Cut an 18″ x 12″ piece out of one of the fabrics, and two 18″ x 24″ rectangles out of the other fabric.
2. Stitch the two 18″ x 24″ pieces together at the top (the short end).
3. fold the right sides of the 18″ x 12″ pieces in half, creating an 18″ x 6″ rectangle.
Pin one of the 18″ sides of the smaller piece to the bottom of one of the 24″ sides of the larger rectangle, right sides together. Sew this seam, and repeat on opposite side.
4. Hem the top and bottom edges of the poncho, I used a decorative stitch on my machine.
5. Finish by pinning on a vintage pin!